Familes are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts







Canyoneering in Zions National Park

August 21-25 we camped outside Zion's National Park. David and some of the kids went into the Park to go canyoneering on Saturady and Monday. We had a great time and the canyoneering was exciting, but these photos are only from Friday and part of Saturday because David dropped the camera into the water in the canyon. Thus, no more photos.


The route they choose is called Pine Creek and has some wonderful slot canyons. They did six repels and some technical downclimbs. Here are Todd, Brett, and Leslie. It was tricky and a little scary for some of them.
Here is David starting one of the repels and ending in ....
....the water. Very cold black yukky water! They got wet on almost every repel and even had to swim in one spot where they shared the pool with a big ugly tarantula. I will not try to descibe how they smelled when they got back.

At left Todd is belaying and Leslie is just hitting the cold water. You can't see the expression on her face in this small photo, but it is priceless. The other photo shows the the fun slot canyons.

I was the designated baby tender on this trip. I got to tend Mark, Elden and baby Abigail while the other adults got stinky and wet.

2 comments:

  1. I feel envy to your family..you look very happy and I feel the love to each other...I wish I was there in your camping...hehehe..I feel scared when I saw them having technical downclimbs. May God bless your family always..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Schwieder I'm always thinking that you are so wonderful mother...

    ReplyDelete