Familes are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts







Kyle and Tiffany have this fun end-of-summer tradition. Right before school starts each year Kyle makes lots of sugar cookie dough and colors it red, blue, yellow, orange, purple, green, white and black. Then the kids get to model cookies of all shapes and sizes. They are limited only by their imaginations and the size. This year they did the modeling at my house and Elden joined in.


Look at all the different shapes and colors - and these are only about a third of what we made. I thought my hamburger cookie and my butterfly turned out quite nice.
After the cookies are baked and sampled, they are put into the freezer and used for school lunches for the first month or two of school.

2 comments:

  1. That is a fun tradition. Your kids and grand kids are so creative. They must get it from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we were invited to the tradition

    ReplyDelete