Familes are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts







IT IS FINISHED!

Dec. 10, 2009 - Well, our gingerbread creation is done. Brett and Dad and I stayed up until midnight last night and then I finished the last few things this morning. It turned out great - so fun. I could not have done it without Dad and Kyle and Brett. They were immeasurably helpful. Thank you Thank you!
The details we put in this year are the,
funnest part, so enlarge the photos so you can see them. I really like how the fountain turned out, complete with frozen falling "water" and blinking
lights. The North Pole Postal Service mail box was fun to make and I like the pile of coal in the barn for naughty boys and girls. The "days till Christmas" numbers are magnetic so they can be changed each day. Brett designed the sleigh at left and Dad made the wind sock which is a wonderful "sleighport" detail. Notice the doghouse below that Zachary and Eric made. And thanks again to Shanalee for the dog. I forgot to put the dog's name on the doghouse before it was cemented down and now I can't reach in to do it. However, I would like suggestions for the name of the dog. What would Santa name his dog?
It is nice to have it finished and tomorrow Dad and Kyle will carry it into the museum. Thank you to everyone for all the great ideas. It was a lot of fun. (but I'm not sure if I will do it again, I might be getting too old for this kind of stress)

2 comments: