Familes are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts







The Gift of Music

On Christmas Eve, my family put on a concert for my parents. It was our Christmas gift to them. My mother is essentially blind and though she cannot do very many things, she does enjoy music. The Concert was Shanalee's idea, inspired from a comment my dad made about songs he wanted sung at his funeral. "Why wait until his funeral?", Shanalee reasoned. It was such a special evening. I appreciate Shanalee for the idea and ALL of the family for their willingness to participate, practice and perform. It was awesome!
Those who participated: Girls-Leslie, MiKell, Shanalee, Bethany, Me, Tammie, and Tiffany. Boys-Josh, Kyle S, Kyle F, Rob, Dad, Todd (behind the music) and Brett. We performed 16 numbers - piano, vocal, and guitar; solos, duets and quartets. I think my parents really enjoyed it. Thanks again to everyone who participated.

No comments:

Post a Comment