Familes are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts







Reunions with my Dad

This summer I took my dad to several reunions just so he would/could go. Most of the people were older than me, but it was fun. At the Ottley reunion in Elba, Idaho, Grant and Ray were also there.
In Elba Daddy took me to see the house where his mother was born and raised.  Look for the top window on the left - that is the room where my grandmother, Celecta Ottley Haroldsen was born.
One Saturday morning DeAnn called and asked Daddy if he had heard anything about the Lincoln 1st Ward reunion. She had seen it on facebook. He, Ray and I had not heard about it, but we all went.  There were young people there, but I didn't know them. I knew the old people. I guess I'm one of them.  It was fun to talk with people who were part of my growing up years.

Daddy with the Bahrs - good friends from way back!

Daddy and Ray with the Johnson's. Tebbin was my bishop when I got married and he also spoke at Mama's funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment