Familes are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts







Biking in Yellowstone

We were inspired by Todd and Bethany! They spent the long LaborDay weekend and their anniversary biking around Yellowstone Park. Well we couldn't go that far, but we did borrow their bike rack and took our bikes to Yellowstone yesterday to enjoy the day there. The weather was fantastic and we were able to bike to places I haven't been in years - since I stopped hiking in fact. It was great!
Actually, the weekend started at a campsite in Teton where we spent the evening with the Ward Priests and their leaders. We fed them breakfast Saturday morning and sent them on their way up to TableRock. Then we headed for the park. The Tetons were perfect. We saw 4 geysers go off and we biked into Lone Star Geyser and Morning Glory Pool. It was great to be out amongst the trees away from the cars. I had forgotten. I'm so glad Todd inspired David with the idea. The Park needs more biking trails.
We saw Castle Geyser go off. The picture of me with my bike is in front of this geyser.
We saw Riverside Geyser go off. David is standing in front of Riverside geyser. Morning Glory Pool was beautiful but not as blue as I remember it.

We biked into Lone Star Geyser and waited for an hour to see it go off. David had the camera and decided to get some "artistic" pictures of me. This is why I usually carry the camera! It was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! You and Dad will have to find more biking vacation to take.

    ReplyDelete