Familes are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts







Celebrating a beautiful life

Hannah Elizabeth Condie Haroldsen - my mother

My mother died March 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM. I know the time because I looked at my watch just after I knew she had taken her last breath. Funny how your mind works when someone you love dies. For some reason it was important to me to know exactly when my mother left us. It was almost a comfort to put her death into some kind of category. At 9:09 I had a mother here with me and at 9:10 she was elsewhere, but just as much my mother. Mama was an Elect Lady. She did everything with grace and dignity - even in slacks and a straw hat, riding horses and camping. She died as she lived - with grace and dignity. I love her. I know she is already busy on the other side. She was a formidable force for good in this life and I can't imagine that has changed in the next. Thank you Mama for a life well led. You will always be my example, my measuring stick, my hero.... my mother.



Thank you to all those who helped in any way in the past week and a half. And a special thanks to all my kids and my nieces and nephews who made the funeral so very special. Your grandmother is so proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. That is a fitting tribute for such a great lady. She was always so sweet and kind whenever I saw her. She has left behind a great posterity.

    ReplyDelete